Next Pixel hosts a range of opportunities in the web design industry.
Here at Next Pixel we are a family of friendly professionals determined to stun customers by providing second-to-none customer service, building fantastic websites and execute great search marketing campaigns.
If you think you can be a valued member of our team and you can help us strive for perfection with every project, we would love to hear from you.
WordPress Web Developer
If you are passionate about WordPress development & SEO and want to bring new ideas to help expand a dynamic and ambitious business; Next Pixel want to hear from you.
Next Pixel are one of South Yorkshire’s top digital agencies specialising in WordPress Development, SEO, bespoke applications and many other services supporting a large National and International client base. We’re a division of History & Heraldry, one the UK’s largest impulse and personalised gift manufacturers
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT apply for this role if you cannot write HTML, CSS, JS & PHP within the WordPress framework.
£20,000 – £25,000 dependant on experience.
Based in our dedicated studio with its own facilities and onsite parking at Hellaby Industrial Estate, Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Working Hours (39.5)
Monday to Thursday: 08:30 – 17:00
Friday: 08:30 – 16:30
30 minutes for lunch
- 20 days Annual leave (Plus Bank Holidays)
- Private Pension
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Product Discounts
- Develop new websites in WordPress.
- Support and maintain existing WordPress websites.
- Assist our SEO team by implementing required changes to websites.
- Help to devise department development and growth strategy at the weekly development team meeting.
Key skill requirements
- Experience of Web development and e-Commerce.
- WordPress – a good understanding of the platform, modifying themes, configuring and creating plugins.
- PHP – a good working knowledge of PHP including how to work with OOP.
- HTML – a good working knowledge of how to write semantic HTML with an SEO driven approach.
- CSS – a good working knowledge of how to control the layout of templates and their contents including responsive design and how to adapt a layout for different devices.
- Ajax – a good working knowledge of how to perform asynchronous tasks.
- The ability to work with our creative team and a good understanding of PhotoShop.
Desired but not essential
- Good English written communication skills.
- Ability to recognise and adapt language to fit different audiences.
- Previous experience with Google Analytics.
- Positive, conscientious and highly self-motivated with a passion for learning
– and just a touch of competitiveness!
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Personable and active in building working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Proactive approach to resolving challenges
- You take pride in your work and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Innovative with a desire to educate other team members in new technologies, techniques and strategies.
How to apply
If the above describes you, then you are a perfect match, as these are our values.
Send your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you are the person we are looking for to Donna.O’Brien@historyheraldry.com
Please include links to a selection of projects you have worked on and describe the requirements of each project, what the challenges were and what your solutions where to overcome them.