Next Pixel hosts a range of opportunities in the web design industry.
Here at Next Pixel we are a family of friendly professionals determined to stun customers by providing second-to-none customer service, building fantastic websites and execute great search marketing campaigns.
If you think you can be a valued member of our team and you can help us strive for perfection with every project, we would love to hear from you.
Full Stack Web Developer (2 Positions Available)
The successful candidate will be working with our existing team to build and maintain a variety of bespoke, and theme derived website solutions. Our projects range from small WordPress brochure sites for local businesses to large WooCommerce sites for national brands. We also create solutions for use by group companies in the UK and around the world.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about developing high-performance websites that adhere to SEO standards and deliver a great user experience and incorporate reliable security measures. As a strong team player, you will have the opportunity to help develop and improve the existing development processes in place as well as bring new ideas to the table.
You will be expected to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, so you need good organisational skills. You will be talking to anyone from end users to customers to business owners, all with varying technical knowledge so excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. With a positive can-do attitude, confidence and great team-working skills you’ll be able to complete projects on time and to the highest standards.
£25,000 – £35,000 dependant on experience.
Based in our dedicated studio with its own facilities and onsite parking at Hellaby Industrial Estate, Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Working Hours (39.5)
Monday to Thursday: 09:00 – 17:30
Friday: 09:00 – 17:00
30 minutes for lunch
- Object Orientated Programming
- LAMP stack environments
- WordPress & WooCommerce custom theme development
- PHP7 & MySQL
- Running updates to WordPress and plugins, fixing bugs along the way
- Experience in optimising WordPress to Google and GTMetrix criteria
- Configuring and creating plugins
- Understanding of SEO and the importance of semantic HTML elements
- Mobile-first responsive development
- Capable of exporting assets from Adobe Programs
- Operating a Windows PC
- Comprehensive testing process and an eye for detail
- Angular / Ionic / Codeigniter
- React 15-17/Vue 2-3
- Experience with Docker, Vagrent, EasyPHP DevServer
- Server management
- Experience in setting up payment processors e.g. Stripe, PayPal, Opayo, WorldPay
- Experience using Git and tools such as SourceTree
- Experience with Hosting platforms such as cPanel/Plesk
- Experience developing integrated websites using API’s
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing new and updating current WordPress & WooCommerce sites operating both bespoke and off the shelf themes
- Ongoing maintenance of the current websites’ portfolio
- Planning new websites with the team
- Assisting with and quoting requested works
- Testing new development work thoroughly
- Keep up to date with latest technologies, services, and trends.
- Open-minded attitude to adopt new practices.
- Ensuring our websites comply with Google’s best practices.
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Training courses included
- Friendly / family environment
- Pension Plan
- Westfields Health Plan
- 20 days annual leave (rising to 25 days with service) plus Bank Holidays
- Staff discount
Career progression and training:
In addition to the main work on WordPress based systems we also create web and mobile applications using technologies such as Angular, React, and Vue coupled with Ionic. Any experience or exposure to these technologies would be useful and there will be opportunities for a developer to use and learn these technologies together with other modern technologies throughout their career.
Full-time, Permanent, primarily office-based with some flexibility for remote working.
How to apply
If the above describes you, then you are a perfect match, as these are our values.
Send your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you are the person we are looking for to Jenny.Martin@historyheraldry.com
Please include links to a selection of projects you have worked on and describe the requirements of each project, what the challenges were and what your solutions where to overcome them.